It’s so simple, yet utterly delicious and satisfying. I’m really not one to make recipes over and over again because I love diversity too much, but I have to admit making this several times in the past few months.
It’s original recipe describes it as being steak prepared in the French way, which is cooked rare to medium done. I prefer my meat thoroughly cooked, so if you follow the meat size and cooking instructions called for in my recipe, it should have no problem thoroughly cooking in just 15 minutes.
You don’t even need a grill to make this delicious and quick steak and after trying this recipe you may not even want steak any other way! Serve with oven-roasted potato wedges and a side of colorful vegetables.
(6) 5-oz. beef steaks, thinly sliced (around ½” thick)
kosher salt, to taste
Finely ground black pepper, to taste
1-2 tablespoons butter
1-2 tablespoons olive oil or light cooking oil
¼ bunch fresh parsley
- Pat steaks completely dry and salt generously. Add pepper, too.
- In a shallow sauté pan, add olive oil and butter and bring to medium heat.
- Sauté steaks for about 5 minutes then flip. Sauté another 5 minutes and flip again.
- Reduce heat to low and cover pan for another five minutes.
- Remove steaks from pan and add salt to taste. Top with a generous pat of butter and fresh parsley.