Decent recipe over all though for something quick and easy.Easy to make with toddler. Had to halve the cookie and drink a glass of milk because it’s super sweet. I regularly make these cookies – I only put them in for about 13 minutes and then let them sit on the tray for 5 minutes before moving to the rack.
I don’t melt the butter, just soften it and then after mixing all the ingredients together I let sit in the fridge for about half an hour before rolling into balls and baking. This stops them spreading out on the tray!
- 150g Lurpak slightly salted softened butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate bits, plus 1 tablespoon extra
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate bits, plus 1 tablespoon extra
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180C or 160C fan-forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Using an electric mixer or whisking by hand, beat butter and sugars and 1-2 minutes or until smooth and well combined. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined.
- Step 2Stir in flour. Stir in dark and milk choc bits. Roll 2 level tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls and place on prepared trays, 3cm apart. Press down slightly. Decorate with extra choc bits.
- Step 3Bake for 15-18 minutes or until light golden and cooked. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.