Even though everybody else owns an iPhone, you can still make yours stand out from the crowd. We’ll show you how to customize your iPhone’s Home screen with widgets and unique app icons so it truly reflects your style.
How To Add Widgets To Your IPhone Home Screen
For the first time ever, iOS 14 made it possible to add widgets to the Home screen on an iPhone. A widget is a light version of an app that displays information and lets you interact with it directly on the Home screen.
You can customize your iPhone Home screen with widgets for almost every stock Apple app and a growing selection of third-party apps. To add one:
- Tap and hold in a blank space on your iPhone’s Home screen to enter Jiggle mode.
- In the top corner, tap the Add (+) icon to view your available widgets. Search or scroll through the selection to find the widget you want.
- After selecting a widget, swipe left and right to view different versions of it, then tap Add Widget.
- Drag and drop to move the widget around your Home screen just like you would with any other app. You can even drop multiple same-sized widgets on top of each other to create a widget stack.
- Tap Done or click the Home button to exit Jiggle mode.
If you aren’t sure where to start, take a look at our rundown of all the best iOS widgets.
Change The Size Of Your Widgets
Most iPhone widgets are available in three sizes: small, medium, and large. To change the size of a widget, you need to delete it from your Home screen, then add it again in a different size.
Here’s how to do this:
- Tap and hold in a blank space on the Home screen to enter Jiggle mode.
- Tap the Minus (-) icon on a widget and confirm you want to Remove it. Alternatively, tap and hold a widget, then tap Remove Widget from the quick-action menu.
- Finally, tap the Add (+) icon to add the widget again in a different size.
Customize The Widget Settings
A lot of iPhone widgets let you edit some basic settings to change how they work. This could mean changing the location displayed in the Weather widget or changing the list shown in the Reminders widget.