3. Walking Uphill With a Load: Turns out there is a benefit to schlepping around tons of stuff. Add about 10 pounds to your backpack (a few books or beverages should do the trick), and head for high altitude (like that great boutique at the top of the hill). You’ll burn about 415 calories per hour at a regular walking pace (usually about four miles per hour) — that’s 57 more than you’d burn on a standard stroll without the baggage.
4. In-Line Skating: Granted, it’s like running on wheels. But even if rollerblading didn’t burn 426 calories per hour, it’d still be more fun than jogging. Whee!
5. Dancing: Aerobic dance can burn upwards of 443 calories per hour. And yes, sweaty Saturday-night dance parties totally count.
6. Rock Climbing: You’ll burn about 454 calories per hour on your way up and 284 per hour on your way down.
7. Jumping Rope: Your favorite childhood playground game is actually an incredible workout. Depending on your pace and intensity, it can burn about 670 calories an hour. Shoot for at least 100 skips per minute to get the most bang for your bounce.