When it comes to weight loss, many of us believe that it’s only possible through intense cardio workouts. However, flexibility exercises are also helpful in improving metabolism, blood circulation, and even muscle building! Stretching and certain poses from yoga can burn fat if practiced regularly. Also, stretching can be an easy first step on your way to a more strenuous workout regime.
Why these excercises are really effective:
1. They burn calories. Maybe not as many as an active aerobics class, but many more than if you were just sitting still.
2. They improve metabolism. Many of these poses help you balance out the digestive system.
3. They reduce stress. It’s more difficult to lose weight if your body is stressed, as it tends to store fat. But if you practice gentle stretching, you stay calm and balanced.
4. They build muscles. Each of these poses involves various groups of muscles in the process and, therefore, helps you build a stronger body.
Let’s get one step closer to your dream body! Join us for an effective stretching workout!
1. The Cobra
This stretching exercise targets your shoulders, back, chest, abs, hips, and obliques.
How to perform:
1. Stretch your arms at your sides and lie down on your mat, feet together;
2. Lift your upper body upwards;
3. Lean your head back;
4. Hold this position for 20-30 seconds.
2. Seated Twist
This stretching exercise targets the following areas: your back, abs, and obliques.
How to perform:
1. Sit down on the floor, with one leg stretched in front of you, the other one bent at the knee and crossed over the other.
2. Twist your body towards the bent knee;
3. Keep twisting your body and hold the pose for 20-30 seconds.