Fresh and flavorful, the salsa is a lovely blend of orange, olive, onion, and fennel—delicious atop grilled salmon. To save prep time, look for pitted olives; they’re often available in the olive bar.
About This Recipe
Yield: Serves 4
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) sherry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 navel orange, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) chopped kalamata olives
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) minced red onion
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) chopped fennel
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 salmon fillets (4 to 6 ounces / 120 g to 180 g each)
- Place the vinegar in a large bowl and whisk in 3 tablespoons (45 ml) of the olive oil. Stir in the orange, olives, onion, fennel, oregano, and parsley. Set aside.
- Heat a ridged nonstick grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Brush both sides of the salmon with 2 teaspoons (10 ml) of the oil. Cook the salmon, shaking the pan occasionally to prevent sticking and turning once, for 6 to 8 minutes, or until the salmon flakes easily with a fork.
- Remove the salmon from pan and place on a serving platter. Spoon over the salmon.