This recipe is very simple, but flipping the torta takes a bit of practice. Don’t get discouraged, take your time, and be gentle.
It may take more than one time, but you’ll get it eventually. Once you give this dish a try the practice wont be an issue because you’ll be craving a slice every Sunday morning.
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon (14 grams) of sliced scallions
- 2 cups (466 grams) of potato chips
- kosher salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon (14 grams) of butter
- sliced scallions (to garnish)
- Greek yogurt (to garnish)
- Beat eggs and scallions in a large bowl. Gently fold potato chips into eggs, trying to break as few as possible. Season with salt.
- Heat pan over medium high heat and add butter; when foam subsides, add egg/chip mixture and turn heat to medium low.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently pull eggs away from sides of pan while the eggs set.
- When eggs have begun to set, use a oven mitt and a plate to flip over torta. Place plate over pan, and securing the pan to the plate with an oven mitt,
- flip pan over so torta lands on the plate, then gently slip torta back into pan to finish cooking.
- Slice into segments and serve with more sliced scallions, cracked black pepper, and Greek yogurt.