Encouraged shyness can develop into total isolation and unwillingness to establish links with the outside world over time. People who are on the edge of a mental disorder stop feeling strong emotions and try to limit themselves from getting in contact with others which is why they often choose remote work or other activities that are not connected with communicating.
Hypertrophied introversion leads to a schizoid personality disorder, which has the following symptoms:
- Indifference to critique or praise
- The absence of close friends or the presence of only one close friend
- A tendency to dream often and unrealistically
- A hypersensitivity that a person feels scared to show to their surroundings
It’s possible to prevent the disease with the help of several methods. One of the most useful ones is any group activity such as drawing lessons, learning a foreign language, attending yoga, or pilates training.
You can use a simple life hack for fighting an increasing misanthropy — instead of using the phrase, “I don’t love people…” say, “I don’t like this thing…” (trait, clothing item, appearance, habit etc.). This approach will help you generate a new concept that there is something good in people apart from bad.
This category includes rebels who don’t want to follow the rules of society. It is expressed by putting off necessary actions for later. Practicing procrastination can lead to a passive-aggressive personality disorder, which often entails chronic depression.
A little rebellion in school or college is a normal thing and there is no need to search for a disease in it. However, the following symptoms can indicate that procrastination is shifting to a new phase of development:
- Irritability in response to requests to do something not very pleasant but ordinary for most people such as washing the dishes, cleaning a cat’s litter box, taking out the trash, etc.
- A very slow pace of work and of bad quality
- Offensiveness toward helpful pieces of advice from surroundings on how to make work better and faster
- Unreasonable angry criticism of people who are endowed with power
The complexity of prophylaxis lies in the fact that a person usually thinks that it’s not their guilt. The exercise, “the overview of choices” that has already been described above will suit this situation well. Also, the social game where one can imagine themselves in the place of other people to understand their feelings can help greatly. Such therapy will stop the progress of procrastination and make the person more sensitive to others.