By working out your butt, you can achieve the shape you desire. But it’s not just about appearance. Having stronger glutes also means having better posture, healthy knees, and it can help you relieve back pain. And if you’re tired of doing squats and lunges all the time, there are many alternative yoga poses that you can try out.
1. Yogi squats
- Start standing with your feet a bit wider than your shoulders. Your feet should be placed diagonally so that when you bend your knees, they track over your toes.
- Bend your knees and sit down, hovering your hips over the floor. It’s okay if your heels lift up a bit or if you can’t sit all the way down.
- Keep your spine straight.
- Pressing your hands together in a prayer position, bring your elbows to the insides of your knees, and gently press your hips open. Also, engage your outer hips to keep your hips open.
- Lift your hips up so that they’re parallel to the floor. Keep your spine parallel to the floor too.
- You can keep your hands as they were or extend them to the sides. This will make you activate your glutes even more.
- Lower your hips back down. Repeat several times.
2. Chair pose
- Stand with your big toes touching and your heels about an inch apart.
- Raise your arms straight above your head. Your palms should be facing each other.
- Sit down like you’re sitting in a chair. The weight should be held in your hips.
- Make sure your spine doesn’t arch.
- Stay in this pose for as long as you can.